Monday, December 26, 2011

Point of Uncertainty

Today we took my ring in to discuss the issue of another diamond falling out in the 6 months since I've had it. The manager wasn't in to authorize anything, but at this point we were given the options of they could send the ring out for repair (however, according to my insurance plan, my diamond isn't under warranty because I already used my one replacement option already a few months ago when it had the lost diamond after resizing.) Option two was exchange it for a new version of my ring, which, of course, would have to be resized, and even then they can't guarantee that the same thing wouldn't happen again. Finally, option three would be to exchange for something else. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I love my ring tremendously, but I also enjoy wearing it and I can't wear it if every time I turn around, it needs to be gone for a week here or there to get a resize, repair, cleaning, repair, etc. It's like buying a new car that turns out to be a piece of crap and constantly gets recalls and has to go in to get repaired. It's like, what's the point of owning something if you don't get to use it? I'm almost at the point of seeing if they'll just refund me my money and I go somewhere else. I'm kind of fed up and on the verge of throwing my hands up in defeat and saying screw it. I'm not gonna lie, this whole ring fiasco breaks my heart. Ever since the original was lost, trying to replace it with something permanent that won't get lost, destroyed, or break is almost like asking for an act of God. It's jewelery, not rocket science! What gives!?

No comments: