Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a pretty nice little weekend. Friday night I did grocery shopping and picked up a few last minute presents. Saturday morning I cleaned 90% of the house and did laundry while Jesse met with his boss for some work stuff. Afterward, we went out to have lunch at the Cantina, where we heard the sirens go off (yay!) and then trekked out to the Riverwalk. Jesse rented a bike again and a kid trailer for Charlie and played coach along my side as I did my running. We went down 4.5 miles and headed back up again. I'm not sure how long we were out but I'll make sure to time it next time. Charlie fell asleep in the coach and Jesse and I had a nice talk about random stuff as we always do. We also caught in some neat sights along the way. I didn't know but apparently there's some alligator habitats around here we have to look out for. I had to do one of those "Look, ma!" pictures for my mom because she always worries about gators with us living in the south and all and I keep telling her we're not far enough down to have to worry about that. Oops. Heh. I think I'd be a little more concerned if I actually saw an alligator...



Sunday was supposed to be my relax day as I finished all my work on Saturday and was feeling a little achy after running 9 miles. Instead, I went to the 8 am mass at church, then stopped by Publix for a few things, and headed to Walmart for some more stuff and dropped my wedding ring off for it's cleaning and maintenance. Jesse and Charlie went off in search of a gun show that turned out to be a bit of a flop. Instead they came home and Jesse made me some chicken to go on my lunch salad. I find it interesting that I've lost 4 lbs and feel a lot happier and stress free since I've managed to rid myself of certain people. I guess when all people do is talk about what restaurants serve certain foods in between complaining, I can't help but think of the website This Is Why You're Fat. Looks like my super awesome salads are doing the trick. Tangent aside, later in the evening, we went to Logans for dinner with my department. That was fun and the food was pretty good but I think the waiters were flustered with  the large group and kept messing up orders, giving people who wanted shrimp lobsters, and forgetting to give one of the guys his ribs, and when he did get them, they were cold. They took them back to bring out hot ribs and when they came back they were still cold, but his potato was hot. Hahah. Dang it.

Anyway, the weekend was good. One thing I forgot to mention was that I had a really awesome run on Thursday night. I'm going to do that same route again this week on my Tuesday/Thursday run because it was so nice and, as I kept telling myself as I got out there and was almost done "this last mile is the difference between losing that extra pound." Seriously it is. I still need to get my permit to use the gym facility. I gotta work my arms and abs for June. It's free, so I might as well, right?

No comments: