Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Resolutions

Well, it's that time of the year again. I guess I should make some realistic resolutions so I accomplish them and feel somewhat successful.

1. Read more. Goal: start and finish at least 5 extracurricular books this year. I have the problem of starting a book and never finishing it because other things come up. I'd like to at least finish 5 books this year. I know I can accomplish this. Extracurricular books include books not pertaining to things that are applicable to school or work, but simply for pure enjoyment or personal enrichment.

2. Lose 5 lbs. I know I can do this. So yeah, if I lose 5 lbs over the course of this year, I'll feel good. Current weight as of the beginning of 2013 this morning was 163.3. If I make it to 158.3 at any point this year, I win. More is better.

3. Pay off one debt. Our old apartment lease we broke when we moved will most likely get paid off this year, so I know I'll accomplish that.

Moral of story: set realistic goals, achieve them, feel good, set yourself up for more grandiose goals for the future. Baby steps.

No comments: