Sunday, July 7, 2013

Will Run For Breakfast

This morning I joined up for the group run at Pine Mountain for some trail running. I'm not a great trail runner and to be honest, I wasn't planning on doing more than 3 miles. This was going to be my recovery run from yesterday's 11 mile run. You know, just to work some different muscles and what not. It wasn't ideal conditions for me. A little too muggy for me and I wasn't a huge fan of the wet leaves, but it was still a decent morning. About 2 something miles in, I found this neat little pond...

 

It was a pretty cute little pond. Tiny, and really more a giant puddle from the rain most likely.

There were tons of cute little mushrooms everywhere. I half expected this one to start dancing around like the ones in Fantasia. 

After doing just shy of 6 miles, I still felt pretty good and thought I probably could have done 8 if I wasn't so worried about not getting back in time for the rest of the group. Luckily, everyone else did more miles and came in around the same time as I did give or take. So I didn't have to worry about that whole people waiting on me aspect I originally feared. Once everyone was back in, we crossed the street and had breakfast at The Country Store. I told Jesse we should come out here and hike one day and get food there. I think he'd like it. This was our view after breakfast.

In the end, it was a nice little morning. I had a great run and met some wonderful people including getting the joy of carpooling with one of the RAG solo female finishers and several RAG relay team runners. It was interesting to hear stories of training and running from everyone as well as what races they're planning on doing and how they're training. After logging my miles, I realized I have something like 28 miles this week, which is WAY more than I was originally thinking I'd have. I'm not complaining. Some months I'd be lucky to run 17. But to get 28 in one week, well, that's something for this not-so-great turtle runner to be pretty proud of. Here's to hoping I'll be as good of a runner as the people I was with today!

No comments: