Sunday, February 9, 2014

Adventures in Fiberglassing

Sunday, much like Saturday, was warm. Only difference was I wasn't on any time constraints. Jesse decided to go out shooting in the morning and Charlie and I stayed home and worked on rust reparations again. It was another day of sanding and priming. Not too much different from yesterday. I managed to finish up all four of the inside walls under the hood before noon.

I took Charlie to McDonald's for lunch and then a quick trip to Home Depot to pick up some fiberglass. There was a substantial hole that needed to be patched up and somewhere around my shopping spree, I forgot to buy the fiberglass supplies. We made it a very quick trip and when we got back home, Jesse returned.



After filling me in on his awesome day shooting, we went outside and I started working on the fiberglass. I've never worked with fiberglass before, but I figure since I saw a really great demonstration a few weeks ago on Ship Shape TV when they did a fiberglass repair of a hole in a seat on a boat, I would be able to do the fiberglass no problem.



It seemed easy enough, but messy. Even though I enjoyed it, there was a lot of frustration with the patch wanting to move and the epoxy sticking to everything. I decided instead of doing the sanding today after it cured, I'd just let it dry and finish things up next weekend and call it a day.



All in all, I'm pretty happy with what I accomplished this weekend. Next weekend will consist of finishing up inside the engine well and then starting to work my way out.


No comments: